Search This Blog

Monday 19 March 2012

billy bones : team rider for landyacthz longboards

billy bones is one of the riders for landyatchz longboards. im gonna do a interview on him to day :)

Hometown: Portland, Oregon, USA

Years spent on a skateboard: A lot

Best Place you've skated and what was it like: Pacific Northwest. There's a wide variety of hills to hit up and the skateparks here are some of the best in the world.

Craziest place you want to skate: Europe or Japan

How you got into Longboarding: I got a longboard from World Boards in Bozeman, Montana. It was on sale for really cheap and then I started using that to cruise down sidewalks and little hills. I didn't really know what I was doing though. Once I moved to Portland I got the S9 video Bomb Hills Not Countries and that got me really jazzed on longboarding. I started hitting up bigger hills and eventually got involved with Zoobomb.

Your greatest accomplishment in Longboarding: 1st - Sully 2008, 2nd - Danger Bay 7, 4th - Danger Bay 6

What is the most elaborate thing you have ever built: My mom and I built a skateboard rack that is pretty cool. I think it took us a couple days to build.

What is your favorite meal to cook and how do you make it: Grilled salmon with zucchini and avocado mashed potatoes. I get a 1/2-1 pound salmon fillet (depending if I'm feeding 1-2 people) and put lemon slices and small squares of butter on the fillet. Once the salmon is all dressed up I make a tin-foil bed for it and put it on the grill at medium heat. I make a big bowl of mashed potatoes and then throw an avocado in at the end to give it a little flavor (it gives it a cool green color too). Then I slice a zucchini into quarters and put those on the grill as well. It's good to rotate the zucchini's while your checking on the salmon. Once everything it cooked I put it all on a fancy plate with a little garnish and call it good.

If handed $364 right now what would you do with it: First, I'd go to the Albina Press and get an americano. Then I'd start browsing online to see what kind of plane ticket I could get with the rest of the money.

Inspirations in life and longboarding: My parents, friends, people I skate with, the Zoobomb community, Glenna, and anybody else who has taught me to have fun and enjoy life.

thanks for reading my interview with billybones :) remeber always wear your helmet and protective gear and skate safe :)

this interview was taken off the landyatchz web-site http://www.landyachtz.com/D245.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment